TradeWinds Sandpiper Suites to Become First Guy Harvey Outpost Resort in U.S.
We're excited to announce the transformation of TradeWinds Sandpiper Hotel & Suites into the Guy Harvey Outpost - A TradeWinds Beach Resort!
Same location, same friendly faces - with a new décor inspired by the acclaimed work of artist, scientist and internationally recognized conservation advocate Dr. Guy Harvey and introducing his exciting Guy Harvey Outpost Pursuits program emphasizing watersports, scientific discovery and conservation. With no disruptions to existing room reservations, work has started on our phased transformation to include:
- Incorporation of the signature Guy Harvey Outpost brand throughout the public and exterior spaces of hotel and meeting space, including Guy Harvey's acclaimed marine artwork, murals, and signage
- Implementation of a Guy Harvey inspired décor in all the guestrooms and suites, including new carpet, flat screen TV’s, bedding, paint and artwork
- Development of a casual, upscale, marine-themed restaurant with lounge and private dining and featuring a Guy Harvey showcase retail store
- Conversion of the existing hotel retail shop into the Outfitter Center with video displays of Guy’s travels and pursuits, a water sports and activities center, and the latest selections of Guy Harvey sportswear, gifts and home accessories
- Reimaging of the resort’s current restaurant and beach bar to reflect the new Guy Harvey Outpost brand
This will be the first Guy Harvey Outpost in the United States - with two other destinations located in the Bahamas Out-Islands. The Guy Harvey Outpost will remain owned and managed by TradeWinds Island Resorts and will continue to share privileges with its nearby, larger sister property, TradeWinds Island Grand.
Our transformation process will begin immediately and continue in stages with final completion estimated in 2013. The implementation of all the new additions will have no interruption to the property or guests.
To learn more, please view our Guy Harvey Outpost press release.
So sink your toes deep into the sugary white sand and take in your first breath of the fresh saltwater breezes. At TradeWinds Island Resorts on the island of St. Pete Beach, the warm Florida sun and the inviting Gulf waters invite you to embrace life’s little pleasures.
Pick from our endless beach activities including some of the best flats and inshore fishing in Florida around St. Pete Beach and Tampa Bay. Watch the sunset from a beachside hammock or relax by one of seven pools while you decide which of our 14 restaurants and entertainment venues you'll Experience next.
For inspired group events, be sure to check out our meeting facilities as well.